Stories and Ideas
Church News welcomes the submission of news articles that inform, inspire, and help engage Church members in learning, living, and sharing the gospel. Some articles may be more appropriate for one of the Church magazines (Ensign, Liahona, New Era, or Friend). Please submit those here.
Topics of interest for news articles include members' noteworthy accomplishments, successful service projects, and other events or experiences relevant to Church members today.
- Advanced notice: If your article is tied to a specific date, please submit it with as much notice as possible.
- What to include: Please include information regarding who, what, when, where, why, and how, as well as supporting details, quotes, and statistics.
- Length: Generally, articles should be under 1,000 words.
IMPORTANT: In order for Church News to use your article or photos, you must provide the following in an email:
- Written or email permission from the author and photographer (or you may download and use the Creative Works License.)
- Written or email permission from the parent or guardian of any recognizable minor (under 18 years old) in the photo. (You may download and use the Release to Use Image form.)
- Written or email permission from anyone quoted in the article.
Photos help tell the story. When sending multiple images, use FileSend.
- Descriptions: When sending photos, please send a description to help us understand what is happening in each photo. It is also helpful to point out people in the photo who are relevant to the story.
- Quality: Photos should be in focus and well lit. Please use at least a 3.1 megapixel camera. Send photo files such as .jpg or .tif files. Photos of sufficient quality will be files that are larger than 1 or 2 MB.
- What to avoid: Avoid showing logos. Avoid immodest or otherwise inappropriate clothing. Do not submit photos you did not take or photos of people who do not represent the teachings of the Church in their dress, grooming, gestures, and so forth.
How to Submit
Email text, images, completed forms, and permissions to email@example.com.