… When you follow God’s will.
When the mission age changes were announced, I felt excitement reverberate throughout the meetinghouse where I was watching it. Yet when I considered serving a mission, I felt hesitant and knew I needed to truly ponder the opportunity.
Soon after graduating high school, I realized I could start my mission papers and began to feel that almost every lesson in church focused on either missionary work or discovering the will of the Father. The Spirit was prompting me to seek answers to my questions concerning a mission. I began to pray for courage to accept God’s will for me.
I can’t pinpoint the exact moment of decision, but after studying the scriptures, continuing to pray for guidance, talking with my parents, and pondering in my heart, I felt that serving a mission was not the right path for me. I inquired of the Lord to receive confirmation of this choice and was blessed with peace.
What other blessings can come when you follow God’s will?
- You Can Find Answers to Questions.
Read Kade M.’s story.
- You can find strength to stand for what’s right even when it’s not popular.
Read Annie B.’s story.
- You can increase your desire to follow the Savior.
Read Chase G.’s story.
- You can find an appreciation for the opportunities that God has given you to grow.
Read Annie P.’s story.
- You’ll find that the Lord has better things in store for you.
Read Mekeli H.’s story.
Share your experience
When have you felt peace in making decisions? Share your experience below.